Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh the things that we hear!

When I was younger, I always wanted a house full of kids and noise...no, not really, I was a typical kid and never knew what I wanted, but it sounded so good to write that down. Which brings me to my reflection of the day: sounds! Reed and I were downstairs the other day and we heard a monkey upstairs, followed by a growl. (Imaginex Jungle, by Fisher Price). Often, we sit at night, long after the kiddos have gone to bed and hear either a "ring ring" or a "bumpee bumpee" coming out of the toy closet (Fisher Price battling Mattel). We've been awakened at night by the sound of a magical castle at 3:00 am, brrrinnnng! These are the sounds that make up my house, some are kid activated, some are just possessed and go on their own. My house is not very full of laughter (and I don't know who came up with that expression anyway, as if kids laughed all day when mom's around, giving them orders and chores, not funny at all to them), but it's full alright, : it's full of toys!!!! I know that no scientist would ever believe me, but I think that toys can reproduce, there is no other explanation. They keep invading my house! Father Christmas didn't help the situation, but I'm a frequent giver at Goodwill too! And they can definitely walk on their own because they always end up in the middle of the floor and Mrs"it's not mine" didn't put them there, she swears! Sometimes, very rarely though, they are a bit vicious too. If you think you can get away by just throwing Barbie's clothes out of the way, think again! You see, those high heel boots that Barbie sports (and how we often wish we could find the same pair for our own people feet, without the slit in the back and not in plastic, or course), when you threw them out of the way, they landed upside down, with the heels up. So when you, affectionate mother of the year, go to tuck in your precious wee-one one last time before bed, those boots are waiting to repay you and your bare vulnerable footsies!!!!
I'm telling you: if they can turn themselves on during the night, then they can reproduce and invade us...maybe it's their mating calls we hear???

6 comments:

Gray Family said...

You just put a smile on my face for the first time today. Thank you so much - you crack me up!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

You are a nut! Sounds like your toys are getting too "physical". ;)

Jill said...

I think dishes in the sink reproduce too!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

We have those random night time toy noises too. My favorite it our little cell phone that speakes spanish sometimes. Scary!!!

erin said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Heather said...

All of our Barbies are naked - and stay that way. If you'd like to come and throw away Barbie clothes just because, we have spares that we don't use - and never intend to! ;)