Monday, December 29, 2008
Like most people, Christmas being over makes me really sad, so I decided to make myself a happy list of why it's good Christmas is over...here we go:
-New Year's eve party coming up at our house, that's always fun (yes, you're invited, 8:00pm, kids welcome, bring food)
-After Christmas sales, not only the deals they have, but I love bying Christmas things at 75% off and then re-discover them next year when I open my boxes of decorations.
- Putting money in my savings again instead of buying presents after presents after presents
-Maddy's baptimsm, on the 17th of January
- My parents coming on the 10th
-Reed still has a week of vacation this week, love to be around him
- Getting the house put back to normal, even if I adore my tree and decorations, it is a "clean" feeling to get the house back after over a month
- Kids stop eating candies (since Halloween, it's been non-stop)
- Running out of Christmas goodies and finally being able to visualize that there is a possibility of maybe think of loosing the baby weight.
Hmm, I'm out of ideas, please help me with this if you think of more :)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
This one is the creepy mall Santa, he looks half-way dead and Alex said he sounded drunk...don't touch my kids too much old man!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper, but just for Christmas, not the rest of the year! Gosh, I might even put a bow on it.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake, we did a real one once, it looked nice but I'm too cheap though!
3. When do you put up the tree? The Friday after Thanksgiving, sometimes the Saturday at the very latest.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's Eve, I hate it when people take theirs down right after Christmas, it makes me too sad to just be over with it that fast, like they're itching to turn the page and go back to normal boring light less homes.
5. Do you like eggnog? yes, but I feel it sticking to my butt as it goes down
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Three-story Barbie Townhouse with elevator (ditto Erin, even across the sea, the world of Barbie is a peanut). My bedroom was tiny so we put the house in the hallway, where my Dad kicked it nightly when he got up to go pee.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tommy...kidding, it would be my or Reed's Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? The younger kids: the younger, the easier
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both, email for people that don't write me, mail for those who do, fair enough
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The MVD sends me my car registration every year in December, it gets cheaper every year, but just don't buy a car for Christmas, it's a gift that keeps on taking
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s) the Santa Claus 2, or whatever Nicky is watching for the humfest time
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I think about it, not much before Thanksgiving since we have birthdays before and after
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Kinda, for something I had gotten fixed
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everybody else's baking
16. Lights on the tree? no, candles, JK!!! Why would you not put lights on a tree, it would just be a dumb Pine tree with a bunch of crap on it!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (I like most of them, but that's the first one that popped into my head) I do NOT like the one from Charlie Brown, boringggggg
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Not anymore since we have bigger kiddos, gotta be in my own home for the morning frenzy
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, if I sing the song
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We used to open one on Christmas Eve when we were childless, which was..what, for 1 year of our marriage!
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The feeling that we HAVE to feel overwhelmed by the holidays, I don't, I love it and don't stress over it, just enjoy the flow peeps!22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Nah, whatever I have works great (another stress free advice)
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have "bouquettes" from Liege on Christmas Day, it's a tradition from my home town. The are a type of crepes but they have to rise and have yeast (and beer) in them
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing, just to spoil my kids
Now, I tag only my BFFs, go for it :)...okay, wait no, because if you don't do this questionnaire in your blog, I will THEN know that you don't consider yourself and MY BFF and then will be offended again, gosh, I just can't win.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
She loved Cheer
Just 3 years old
Sunday, November 9, 2008
With Granny in 2007
Crappy one of me, but Reed is cute
with Papy in 2007
Maddy and Elly, 2006
Nicolas and Saint Nicolas 2006
Isn't great when the leaves turn red and start falling, isn't it? Well, I wouldn't know! Cacti don't lose their needles, nope, only when you touch them and they stick in your finger. But still, it did cool down so much this last week that I can almost smell Christmas (and the fact that I bought 5 Airwick refills at Sam's club with the trusted cinamon/apple scent helps a bunch too). We went to some friends' wedding reception on Friday, and true to an AZ wedding, it was held outside. It was butt cold my friends! They had warm soup that did not need blowing to cool down. It seems that we NEVER get to enjoy the 80 degree weather here in AZ. It's hot hot hot, then October is over, you get high 80's almost 90 and boom, it's low 70's! Same deal in March, we skip the low 80's to get right into swimming weather! But, can't complain, it's beautiful and that's why we live here (well, in my case, I live here because Reed is from here and we haven't had the courage to leave yet, if you don't count Germany for 3 years).
I already heard Christmas music on 99.9, with that annoying host "Delialaaaa". She is such a snore, and people call her to tell them which song they like and what sob story they are experiencing at the same time "my cousins' friend just found out his dog is dying after 19 years of companionship and this song is for him"...sad, yes, but do I need to know about the terrible hermoroids that the poor dog suffers from too?
Khol's is all decorated, they don't wait for the silly turkey to be eaten anymore, as soon as the goblins are done booing everyone, here comes the jolly 'ol fat red suited guy! - and no, I can't just says "thanksgiving, Halloween and Santa", it would just kill my nack for metaphores!-
But it's okay with me, it makes it last longer and maybe by the end of Christmas, I might actually be ready to let it go for another 10 months without a tear!
I put so
Monday, November 3, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I don't get my babies all in the same room very often, but this is what we just got :) My prized possession! Alex just turned 15, Nicky is 2 3/4, Tommy is 6 months, Maddy is 7 1/2 and Elly is 6 and 11/12th. Busy crazzy life we got, I'm tellin ya...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
One of Reed's brother met us up there, and it was lots of fun for the kids to have cousins to play with. We never do much up there, just enjoy the cooler weather, the beautiful scenery, the peace and quiet...go to Walmart! We play cards, board games...and there is satelite TV, so it's not like we can't just do like at home, but for some reason, we all end up closer! The cabin is for sale, by the way (if you're interested, let me know) but we are all secretly hoping it doesn't sell too fast. It's been for sale for a couple of years by now, and with the market crash, it won't sell for a while longer. Selfishly, we're kinda happy, but we know my father-in-law wants to retire, so we kinda hope it does sell for them. It will be bitter sweet when it does sell. The land has been in the family for many years, it's hidden in the tree, very private and gorgeous...but the cabin and its acre it sits on are the only things left in the Inmans name by now, since after the grandparents passed away, the land was divided and the other sibblings sold theirs off. Too bad, I like traditions not to be broken, but you gotta do what'cha gotta do! And for now, we're enjoying every bit of that cabin.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I really DISLIKE copyin those letters before they publish a comment. I know it's for saftety reason, but dang it, I always have to do at least twice 'cauze I mess up one letter: hattie hadabab and I write hattie had a bag...nope, try again loser! Arghhhhhh! That's it, just a little vent before ninight ;)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Nah, he's not really, but that has to be the ugliest and coolest pacifier I ever found!
But I must say that even with that ugly thing in his mouth, he's still a cuttie pie!
Even with a cold and a very tired face, I like him :) I just love it when a baby's picture is like that, because that makes me feel better when I see my pictures and know that if a cute baby can have a bad picture day, that so can I!
Yes, I had another one of those! I love what George Lopez says: I don't want to celebrate my birthday, that means I'm just one year closer to my death :)))
Nicky thought that the candle was to eat. He held onto it all the way home in the car. He couldn't wait to open it. He sat at the table and asked for help to have it open. I thought he was just excited to help me blow it out. But as soon as we opened the package, he took a big bite. You can see it on the 6! What a dissapointment! He spit it out quickly, but the cake was no disappoitment!
And by the way, I'm not 36, I stopped at 29, so I'm only celbrating the 7th birthday of my 29th birthday!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Well, I sing that song a lot.
Today, Maddy was...hmmm, Maddy. I won't go into details, because I just don't want to relive it, but, ahhhh some beach!
Then poor Tomtom has a big cold, runny nose, more cranky...some beach!
Nicky asked 39 times for the sound to be "shut up"...which means "turned up" but that's how he says it, no matter how much we try to correct him... while WE were having dinner and he just ate pretzels for dinner...some beach!
Now here is my biggest beach request of the day. Again: MY blog, My vent...Here it goes.
The kids were at the park, and since Alex wasn't paying attention to Nicky very much, I decided that I'd better go hang out there too. When I got there, I saw Nicky, his soccer ball rolling away and a big German Shepperd going for the same ball as Nicky. I yelled "hey, who's dog is this?" Nicky got scared to death of that dog, being as big as him. The owner of the dog came and barked at me that it was his dog. I asked him to put his dog on a leash because first, it's the law and second, my kids are scared! Well, he told me not to start a neighborhood feud. I told him again that it was the law and that it wasn't safe. Even if his dog is his friend, it's not MY friend and I don't know what the dog's reaction will be to MY kids. He told me to go ahead and call the police, I said I would, and he said "yeah, it's 9-1-1 and why don't you have your husband come out and beat me up too" (the dude had a tank top and tatoos all over, like Reed is gonna come out and beat anybody up, that's so his style!!). Alex was hiding behind the slide, embarrassed I guess, but I was right and you know me, I wasn't gonna let it die quick. I stayed at the park, I was gonna leave right away, but then I thought :hey, it's my park too. His little girl came to me (and I know his wife, who's totally cool and puts the dog on a leash at the park, especially since she knows my kids are scared). She said "hi Mommy, can you put swing me". So I picked her up and pushed her on the swing. Now here comes the guy again, telling me to basically keep my hands of his kid, he can handle it. I was fuuuuuuuming. He never put his dog on a leash and just let it run in the park. Elly was up on the slide not daring to go near it. Nicky said "I skarwy dog". I finally unglued Nicky from the swing and told all the kids we were going home. I got home and did call the police. The lady on the phone was awesome: she said that I was ABSOLUTELY right, it is the law and he was ABSOLUTELY wrong. She asked me for his description, where the park was and where he lived. I didn't know where he lived excaclty; according to my girls: yeah, see so and so's house, well he's like on the other side, but not the side with the bushes, the other???? I wish I did know exactly, because I wanted the cops to come and knock on his door, darned!!!! I explained to the kids that what he did was wrong and that he was being mean to me. He was so rude: I'm a woman and he treated me like dirt. Thankgoodness Reed didn't come out at that time, the dude was an idiot. SOME BIG FREAKIN BEACH!!!!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Today, again, I was proud to be a woman, proud to be a sister, a daughter and a mother. I am empowered by the words I heard this afternoon, I am grateful for those amazing speakers, their love and strength. When President Uchtdorf got up, I felt so much love for that man. His German accent brought back many happy memories of our life in Munich too.
If you want to know more about their talk, www.lds.org will have it on their site shortly. Most of my blogger friends are LDS, but some aren't and these are the kind of posts that probably have them roll their eyes or wonder what language I speak ;) But I hope they still enjoy reading them, because they know my faith is part of who I am...and they love me for me, Molly-Mormon and all :)
PS: I'm a little freaked out now, it's dark, there is a storm outside, the wind is making my house rock....hmmm okay Reed, it was nice of you to take the kids out, but now's time to come home, me no likey dark! Geeze, I'm even gonna wait to post this just in case somebody reads it (as if anyone else but my friends read my blog) and will see that I'm alone, and find my address, and come and attack me. I just set the alarm on, potential rapist, so if you come to kill me, it will beep and I will give them the wrong password when they call to check on me, so they'll send the police over, so there (yeah, I'm ready for Halloween stories!!!)
Monday, September 22, 2008
On another note, life could be worse: check out that family!
Yep, 17 kids and she's expecting! and no, they're not mormon, I don't think