Monday, August 22, 2011
- Reed, serving me and supporting me 100%
- my 5 kids, keeping me busy
- my good strong healthy leg, so muscular I look like a dude
- my sense of humour
- my friends who text me or drop buy or call me
- my scrabble games on my phone
- my parents whom I can call any day
- my knees, not that I can pray on them, but I sure can crawl and get a lot done (as long as it's carpet)
- nail polish, I love taking care of my 10 toes
- Vicodin, no comment
- 2011 and not 1911, where I would have lost my leg...although it wouldn't have been proper for a lady to skim board back then, so maybe I wouldn't have this problem in the first place
- chores, yep, they make you feel useful
- make up, when I put it on, I feel alive
- computers and free prime shipping on Amazon
but I'm mostly grateful to have the knowledge that things will be okay in the end, that I must endure.
"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." Mosiah 24: 14 (Book of Mormon, www.lds.org)
Posted by Muche at 3:21 PM
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
It's that time of year already. The time when a small percentage of the population is depressed at the prospect of going back to school - the teachers...but when a big percentage of the rest of the population is rejoicing - the Moms! It's back to school time (la rentree in Francais)
This year, we have a 12th grader (gone way earlier for the picture), a 5th grader, a 4th grader, a Kindergartener and a stay-at-homer
Nicky told me the most exciting part of the day was riding the bus! This is the kid that used to cry to get on that yellow bus everytime we dropped off his sisters. Now was HIS time, finally!
We dressed up for the ocasion.
Posted by Muche at 12:59 PM