Saturday, November 27, 2010

A bragging blog.

I did something that I never thought I could on Thanksgiving...no, I didn't eat a whole turkey...but I ran a 10K race!!! It's 6.2 miles for my metric challenged friends.  I did it in 1h 14 min 54 seconds.  That's a perfect 5 miles/hour.  I didn't stop once, I had to slow down to take a picture and to get a drink.  I had to pee for the first 3 miles, but I burned that little water after a while and was just fine. Of course, I place 2300th but there were also 300 people behind me! I'm not a runner really, this was my first race, but I'm thinking not my last.  The kids asked me if I won and I said "Oh yes I won" and I think I did!
Waiting for mom

Becky (looking beautiful) and me (didn't get the memo that make-up and hair was required for a race, I did put deodorant on)
Being past by over 2,000 runners. I didn't even care.

See, people are behind me still

I won!

Happy-achy-tired-38yr old Mom of 5!!! I am proud of me :)))

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you!!! When I did my 5K, there were NO people behind me!! ;) It's addicting isn't it??? We're training as a family to do a 5K in March. Can't wait!!

Midwest Keech said...

You ROCK! Good for you. BTW - It's not bragging when it's a REAL accomplishment...

Gray Family said...

I'm proud of you too! Way to go! When is the next one?

Bree said...

Yay for you, I'm doing my first one in Jan! You are amazing.

erin said...

Awesome. You are amazing and you should be bragging!