Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pioneer Trek

 Alex went on our Stake Pioneer trek last week. It was a great experience for him.  He was one of the oldest, and we were told that he more than pulled his own weight!  We're very proud of him for being an example. He also provided comic relief, we were told! To copy his outfit: shirt and pants are a Goodwill Dollar Thursday deal.  Hat is Walmart. Suspenders are TRW Airbags.
 The "Jackson" family



 Always a musician.
 Yes, our religion is an organized one: organized back rubs!

I love this one.  He is writing us a letter, on his Home Depot bucket.  This was emotional for him.  We had written him a letter to be given to him during the trek.  His reply brought much tears to my eyes.  What a great kid he is.  I just love him to pieces! I'm proud of him!

4 comments:

Gray Family said...

Were you there too? How did you get such great pictures? And thank you for explaining the Home Depot bucket picture. I was afraid someone had caught an embarassing pose of Alex or something. Whew!

Muche said...

No Kim, I didn't go, you're crazzzzy: snakes, bugs, cacti and thorns, no thanks! They had porta-potties, so they didn't use they buckets for THAT!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Hearing him on Sunday was so sweet. You've got a great kid there! Such a good guy.

THE JACKSONS said...

What a neat experience for the youth! I sure hope they are doing Trek when my boys are old enough to go!