Friday, October 17, 2008

Who did that???



This is my new clock: totally cool for our international family! It has 9 little clocks (needs 9 batteries too) from different places in the world. It was a Target end-of-isle special! So I haven't had time to look up what the time difference is between here and Bangkok, thus all the times are not set yet...and I'm missing one battery and it looks like some of my batteries aren't very fresh because all those times should have at least the same minutes!!! So cute little project...except that when I got home, I set the new clock on my table. Target has the bright idea of putting screws in the back of the box to hold the clock in its package. Add a screaming kid, my hands full of bags and I pushed the new clock on the table...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY TABLE! I love my table, it has a few LITTLE scratches, from kids pounding their silverware on the table to request food (always fun) or a dish or whatever. Now, it's really broken in. All the kids said "whoa, who did that"...ME! I know that although none of them said it (including Reed hubby), but all of them thought "gggggeeeezzze, I'm SOOO glad I didn't do it, 'coze I wouldn't have lived through it". And they're right. I would have killed whoever had dammage MY table so much. But now, I can only blame the only responsable party here for my scratch: yep, Target! I'm suing!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sue 'em!! I HATE those things!!! I have NO idea who decided screws on the outside of boxes was a cool thing, but HOLY COW! Enough already!! I'm so sorry about your table....

Tueller Family said...

Hey, I bought these stain touch up pens at Bed Bath and Beyond. They have light, medium and dark ones. Their called Gaurdsman Touch-Up Pens. They work pretty good. I would say it is worth a try. Sorry about your table that is a bummer.