Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lost in the translation

More often than not, the French translation from English is pretty hilarious! I am not sure how much money companies save by not using a translator, but my amusement is priceless.  Here is an illustration of what I mean:
It reads "Stackable 1 Door Storage"
In French, it reads "Memory stackable of 1 door"...storage in computer language is not the same as storage for furniture.  How cool is it that according to this box, in French, we are able to have stackable memories easily accessed through one door, and all that available at Target on the clearance rack!  "Alex, did you remember to take the trash?" "No" "Hmmm, let me open that door for you and unstack that memory so that next time, you can take the trash".

English: 1 door with elegant handle....
Perfect storage for clothes....
Create your own look with these stackable storage from QubeMates

French: 1 door with elegant treatment (I can kinda see it, that one's not bad)
Perfect Memory for clothes... (I can't remember where I put my underwear...oh, wait let me open that memory with my nifty elegant treatment)
Create your own eyesight with the stackable memory.  Now our memory can improve our eyes too, it is treated to be elegant.

Are you lost in translation?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ok that was pretty funny. I am going to have to go to the clearance isle at target I have most my memory lately and my eye sight isnt the best either :) I love it