Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nickycky

Nicolas Inman was born on December 7th, 2005. We wanted another baby, planned to have a boy, in December. And lo and below, we got want we wanted!!!! ...with the help of fertility drugs, since it takes two people to knock me up most the time: my husband and my doctor! We weren't sure of what to call him until the last minute, but when we realized I would be induced on December 6th, which is Saint Nicolas in Belgium (see previous post) his name was picked for us ;) He was 8lb 5oz, a tiny baby for me. I watched his birth with the mirror (yeah, some of you think YUCK) and witnessed the true miracle that it is to bring a child into this world. I wouldn't have wanted to do that with my previous births (and wanted to with my last, but they didn't move the mirror quick enough -I didn't want to see the episotomy - and thus I witnessed my foot during the birth, which looks about the same as everyday). I was ready to see what my body could do, I wanted to see what "crowning" was. Anyway, it was very special. Nicky is very special. Lately, being around him, especially after he gets up from his nap or in the morning, is like being around a new menopausal woman that just got passed over at the check-out line in a tweezers shop . He is training me to go through puberty and hormonal changes guaranteed to wrack my life in about 5 years (two girls, 10 months apart, will I live?). I am walking on eggs with him, and when I break them, they're rotten filthy smelly ones because he sure lets me have it! See, the morning Poptart (Poptarts and cheese ARE on the food pyramid, I assure you) has to be positioned the right way. So is the "sicky cup" FULL of milk, not half-way, not almost, but full, thank you. And you'd better hope that "Spom Bom" is on TV too. Nicky likes to repeat the same thing over and over, until you acknowledge him the right way. His favorite saying is "am I goottoday", repeated 5 times, screaming the last bit if mom is not agreeing with him quick enough or saying the exact correct words in the perfect pitch. If you want to chance your life and finally tell him that by screaming that at you, he's NOT being good today, that's when the eggs crack and the world stop spinning, while Nicky himself starts spinning on the floor, or flopping! I really think that the terrible two's should be over at three, but since Nicky doesn't agree with me and that he is the boss, what can I do but wait for it to pass? He is a fun kid though. The other day, while Barney was telling us what he loves, I asked him: Nicky, what do you love? Him: Hmmm, hmmmmm Cheese! But, after our routine nap time song, he does tell me "I wove you" everyday. I cannot believe he's three today, time flies, as always. I'm so grateful for him, he's an awesome little boy, tantrums and all, I wove him so. Happy Birthday Nicolas! I wove you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nicolas!! Wow time flies by! Dean will be 2 in January and I'm seriously sad how fast they grow.

You watched!!! Seriously! Wow your a strong person... Go Muche!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Nicky!!!