Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday Piranahs




The day after Thanksgiving is an important day in the life of a frugal shopper. Most years, I don't find anything cheap enough for me. Since I NEVER buy anything full price, just because it's on sale on Black Friday doesn't mean it's a good deal for me. But this year, Walmart had a few things that were interesting, like pajamas for $4.00 and such. Granted I wasn't gonna get up at 4:00 am for a pair of jamies, but they also had a good deal on an X-box 360. I mentioned it to Alex, kinda jokingly...I was hoping he'd sleep in and forget about it. But nope, he came in my room at 4:00 am, I acted like I didn't know what he wanted, but I didn't fool him. So off we went, bright (hmm, no, it was still dark) and early (hmm, again, no, I consider 4:00am as late in the night) to Walmart. You've all heard about a man being trampled to death in New York, but our Walmart is open 24hrs so we could go right in. They had a nice line for the Xboxes, they gave out tickets so all you had to do is be there early enough to get a ticket, and then wait. We got one of the last 3 tickets and were thus guaranteed an Xbox. But, they didn't do that for everything, only the big items. For the little digital cameras, they had no tickets. So people were huddled around the bin were the cameras were, hoovering over them like the Deatheaters in Harry Potter. The plastic wrap was preventing crazy shoppers from attacking too soon, but when 5:00 am stroke, off came the plastic and the feeding frenzy started. All the cameras (maybe 100 of them) were gone withing 30 seconds! We've all seen pictures of piranhas feeding on a bloody prey, eating it all up withing 30 seconds flat...well, I've now witnessed it first hand, no need to go to the Amazon for me! (I just looked on Wikipedia to make sure that's where Piranahs live, just in case a smartie pants wanted to correct me, so there). I heard that people were on the floor wrestling over a chair in a different isle, I wish I could have seen that too! That would have been like going to a Safari in Africa and seing two lions fighting for their prey...I would have thus been all around the world just by going to Walmart. And I could have really said that Walmart has EVERYTHING I need!





Now, the Christmas season is officially started and we have our decorations out. Here are my boys:


Baby meets train

Baby loves train

Baby detroys train


Baby eats train

Big brother finishes train off

3 comments:

Heather said...

How cute are they???!?! I was there at Wal-mart - Crazy as it was!!

THE JACKSONS said...

Love the WalMart shopping description! lol! I don't think there is anything I want bad enough to get up that early, let alone brave WalMart on Black Friday. Your Christmas Tree is beautiful and is fun to see your little guys enjoying the train. All of our neighbors have lights up on their homes and Bryce and Ian love to go to the window during the evening and look. Every night it's as if it's the first time they have seen the lights. FUN!

Double D Crew said...

Cute boys, plains, trains and automobiles. Boy toys.