Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Paris, 20 ans plus tard

20 years ago, my best friend Vanessa and I went to Paris for a week-end. We had promised each other to go back and meet 20 years later. That was in November 1989 (the day the Berlin wall came down) and so it was time! So we did just that. She still lives in Belgium, so it was a wee bit easier for her, but we had a blast!!! The weather was sublime too, not a cloud in the sky, not too cold, just perfect, just like the whole day was! Vanessa doesn't use a map or relies on her own to find places, she just asks anyone that looks official enough, like cops on roller blades.


La Seine


A Montmartre
Tour Eiffel

Arc the triomphe, Champs Elysee .


Peace monument, at the end of Le champs de Mars.


This is where "Patachou", the restaurant used to be. It is now, recenlty, a jewlery and art store. This is where we had said we would eat, 20 years ago...we just ate at a fastfood instead!


Montmartre, le Sacre Coeur.

La pyramide du Louvres .

Bridge to go to "Les Invalides".


By the Louvres.
One Euro is $1.45, yes, all that to pee...I even tried to pee twice for that price, but nope!


Back in Liege, at the train station, very tired, very happy to have had a great day.
Merci Vava pour une journee superbe, une comme dans le bon vieux temps.




















6 comments:

Gray Family said...

Finally, the posts I have been waiting for! Next time you go, stick me in your pocket, I would love to go around Belgium and Paris and see the sights and taste the food, shesh, I'm hungry right now just thinking about it! I'm just a little jealous that you got to go, it sounds like you had a blast! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you much in church about it - later though. And about the scare with DL - no way are they shutting that place down, they have way too much of my money to go - HA!

Sarah said...

Oh, I am loving these pictures! Looks like perfect weather and company. I don't remember that Peace Monument, is it new? And it looks like no one was at le Louvre. What's up with that?

What a fun fun TWICE in a lifetime trip!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to hop on a plane right this second!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love your pictures! It is amazing that so much goes on, that we never get to see. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

I can't resist...the word "tard" in the post title totally made me laugh (re-tard!). The pictures are awesome! Glad you had a good time!

Heather said...

WOW!!! What a great trip!!