Friday, July 16, 2010

Le Lac d'Ech-sur-Sure

Beat that Saguaro Lake, huh!  Another one of our little adventures, it was about 1/2 hour from my parents's home, in Luxembourg.  The water was chilli, but what a nice day!

Tommy is white like Aspirine, except that he doesn't disovle in water.

We had to get out quick when we saw these come!

Hmm, no, this is from the Aquarium at the University of Liege.

We came home on Monday, so this is the last pretty green post I'll do for a while.  I miss my parents and my country so much right now.  After I've been here for a while, the pain subsides gradually.  A lot of "what ifs" go through my mind, what if I didn't meet Reed, what if we had moved to Belgium a long time ago, what if what if...but my life is here for now, and I have made peace with that on most days.  But after I come back from a month of mommy time (and 5 extra lbs added to my butt thanks to her cooking), the old ache is rekindled a bit.

3 comments:

Gray Family said...

Mission Viejo is nothing like Belgium but I completely understand. Welcome back though.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

So green, so pretty. Glad you made it home safely...we've missed Tommy in Nursery. I totally understand what you're saying...it's tough to leave "home" and the people we love...especially when it means coming back to a freakin' hot desert!

Sarah said...

This lake is gorgeous. I especially love that bridge! I'm glad you're back. I hope it gets a little easier.