Saturday, January 22, 2011

How to get good diapers for cheap...

I'm posting this on my blog, because I know a lot of you still have wee ones in diapers...now skip to the cute smurf on the chair if you have no interest in buying diapers.............

  I just bought 156 Pampers for $21, yes, that's it.
Here is what you do:
Go to http://www.amazon.com/, search for amazon mom.
Click on the size and type of diapers you want.  It will show you a price, then there is a box to the right that says "delivery option and sign me up". Do that, you'll be in the Amazon Mom club.  This will give you a 30% discount on the diapers. 
It might also give you an option of $1.50 off (just click the coupon)
If you feel this is a great deal, than stop there.  Make sure you unsubscribe from the club, unless you like the convienience of the auto delivery, but I don't think you'll get another 30% off next time, just 15%.
If you want more savings, get another coupon.  Parents Magazine (on sale for $1.00 for 12 months sub. on http://www.bn.com/ with this code at check out K9B9J4H) has 20% off amazon momy in their magazines often. But, if you don't have a magazine with the coupon, you can buy one on ebay (do a search "amazon mom coupon").  I bought one for $2.35, recieved the code within minutes.  Now, the coupons you get from Parents have a letter assigned to them. I purchased a Y coupon.  Had I been able to find another letter coupon, like a U coupon, I could have used that one on top, another 20% savings.  You can use up to three coupons.  However, it didn't look like there were any other coupons available at this time.
Once you get the code, just copy it on your order with Amazon and off you go!
So recap: 156 count Pampers
$40.88
Free shipping
-$12.26 discount
-$8.18 eBay coupon
-$1.50 Amazon Coupon
+ $2.35 eBay coupon
Total: $21.29, cheaper than the crappy diapers you could buy at Big Lots!!! (don't ever buy those, unless your kid poops his pants while you're there and you realize you didn't bring the diaper bag with you!!!)


Now, I'm hoping to get them for even cheaper in the near future, as in ZERO $$$ because I won't need to buy them anymore!  But we all know I'm not in control and that he is the boss!!!
...I realize this needs a clarification: the boss is Tommy, who's in control of what and where he does it, regarding his potty habits; NOT Reed who would decide to have another baby requiring diapers!!!!


Oh the blue frosting...makes him a real Belgian, because the Smurfs are from Belgium, did you know that?  Les Schtroumfs, bien sure que si, de Peyo! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smurfs  but do they p...p blue too, bringing us back to the diaper issue (see, it all ties togethere here!).

2 comments:

Bree said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Although I have quite a while before we'll be needing them I am trying to stock up now and with this great price I couldn't pass it up!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I learned all kinds of new things here today! I am so glad I stopped by! I love frosting, no matter what color!