Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh coupons coupons coupons

I started doing more coupons.  I've always been good at clipping the Sunday ones, but this time, I am buying 3 sets of Sunday papers (some people go up to 6, but 3 is enough for me) and I signed up for a website that tells me what to clip and where to go.  But some of it is pure luck and savvyness too.  I realize that if you go to a store very late, the cashiers are tired, and even if you tell them they're charging you too little for an item, their response is always "bah, don't care, I'm tired"!
The total of this is less than $20.00, plus $2.00 and $10.00 coupons on next purchases.
  At Safeway: the cereal, the milk, the pop and the fruit snacks (4 boxes that I put in jar) and two loaves of bread (not shown, $1.29 each): $3.57 and $2.00 off my next order.  The Glade: free with coupon.
  The rest was CVS, but I forgot to put the $10 mascara in the picture, all for $15, with $10.00 off my next order.
Is it worth it to spend so much time getting ready to shop? I'd say yes!
This is of course one the best bargains, thus the blogging about it.  However, in the last month and a half, I've saved on average 65% of my bills, counting diapers and other misc, and a little more spending for Holiday dinners.  I think I'll get even better at it with time.
Best of all, I'm enjoying this new sport. If you work full-time, I'd say there is no way you can do this and keep your sanity.  But for me, this is a good time to be able to do this, as long as Basha's has free child care too!
I know there are a lot of places to go to, but I signed up with www.couponsense.com
You can also get free advice and list of coupons, plus daily deals emails from www.pinchingyourpennies.com (like Children's place doing 15% everything, even clearance and free shipping with codes)

6 comments:

Kelly Inman said...

Don't you just love coupons! I work for a company called thekrazycouponlady.com. You should check out their website, lots of good info. The best part is is that it is FREE. Good luck couponing! How's the family?

Heather said...

You're exactly right - there's no way to coupon AND work full time outside the home! I tried and nearly lost my ever-lovin' mind! I'm glad you are good at it, though!

Gray Family said...

Could you do that for me and I would pay you? Wait...that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Maybe I'll just check out the websites instead - spend more time on the computer on my fat butt! Are there any coupons for losing weight?

Muche said...

Kelly, thanks. We're all great. Miss seing you at Christmas tho. Kim, I'm still looking for a free lip coupon, no luck so far!

Bree said...

I love couponsense! I've tried the krazycouponlady stuff but couponsense and my instructor make it so much easier for me. Do you have an instructor? Mine is Kristin Huss and she sends out fabulous find emails that you can just copy and go. If you don't have one I highly recommend her.

Muche said...

Bree, I read K.Huss's posts all the time. I go and read what everyone else has found (and post my good finds too, it's a big part of it for me too.