Monday, October 29, 2012

And it's on again

It is that time of year again, the one that makes dentists happy. I think Halloween was invented by an extremely smart dentist anyway: best way to make sure he has customers all year.  Then Weight Watchers introduced the minis, you know, the mini Mars, mini Snickers, mini Butterfingers, mini M&Ms...they're so mini, it can only be mini calories! AH! I don't care, I'm still mini stealing them from my mini people in my house, feeding my mini belly.

We kicked off the season with Cortina's Fall Festival -why do we have to hide our true reason to party by calling it "Fall", in fear of hurting the feelings of the .001% of the population that likes to ruin it for all of us? It was a HALLOWEEN party people, call me a devil worshiper, go ahead!
Anyway, sorry, got off on the political over-correctness theme of our century!

Time to call the exterminator!





Caught Maddy briefly, just enough time to embarrass her and take her picture.
Then we had our annual Ward Party, which is at one of the parks in our neighborhood and attracts about 1,200 people!!!
Nicky aka Barny Fife and Tommy aka Captain Hook

Some cute/scary neighborhood friends.



And then it is time to trade...and from me to take the minis!


Now onto the real big day on Wednesday...more to come...

1 comment:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

That neighborhood party was insane! I can't believe how big it was this year. I saw your cute kiddies all dressed up. Eden was thrilled that her future husband (Tommy) is into pirates too. :)