Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bye bye preschool

My baby, the one I thought of for a long time as my baby anyway (dethroned in October), is done with Preschool.  He is ready for all day Kindergarten and I don't think I am!  I am so going to miss that kid. He says the funniest things!  He told me a few weeks ago, when he couldn't go to school because he was sick, to make sure to tell Mrs.Liz to tell the kids NOT to learn anything without him!  He recently taught me the difference between a turtle and a tortoise (turtles have no tails, in French, they're all "tortues" we make it easier for once).  He reminds me a lot of Alex, who was an only child for 7 years and thus talked like an adult by age 3.  Tommy spent his last 2 years with me only, so he'll say "besides" and "otherwise" quite a bit.
I spoil him, totally and I don't care.  The kids wanted a soda for snack the other day, I heard Maddy say "hey, Tommy, you're mom's favorite, ask her if we can"...I don't have favorites, but he is the only one to still snuggle with me and admires me without judgement!
I can already hear it now: "what, Tommy got a post to himself and it's not even his birthday", blah blah blah
Kindershore, class of 2013



No comments: