Monday, September 9, 2013

Epic Fail

I have another example of my love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  I saw this cool thing with a pumpkin, a plastic fake kind of course.  The lady mod podged the whole thing with tissue paper. Simple enough right?!



I had a feeling that this was going to be an future Pintrosity for sure, just because it seemed too simple. Her blog is here if you'd like to read for yourself, but really, I followed her simple instructions.  I bought two pumpkins from the Dollar store and the tissue paper there too, knowing that I wouldn't break the bank for my future Epic Fail...

So here is my beauty!!! Isn't it awesome.  I cut small pieces and did like she said, I knew that the orange would show through and I was right! And I knew that the paper wouldn't just lay flat on a round surface! I'm pretty crafty, I think I took this project on just to prove that I am smart too.
So my hubby turned around and said "wow, the second one looks much better"...well yes, it's gold paint, after just two coats!
Luckily, I am a very smart lady, as previously stated, and the tissue paper I had bought for a whole dollar, had a pattern piece along with the gold ones I first used.  I recovered the whole thing with the pattern one, knowing that it wouldn't show the flaws and wrinkles as much.  This picture doesn't do it justice, it actually turned out alright.


See, it's not that bad. Too bad the Dollar store pumpkins have a line in the middle of them, as if they were cheaply made, oh wait, they were. I sprayed them with Mod Podge after also, but the one I have is Matt finish, probably would have been better with more shine, but that will do for now.  I looked at Gold spray paint at Joahn's the other day, and no way I'm paying $5.99 for it, I just used the paint for .99cents!
Now off to the next project, or maybe I'll just have a baby, we'll see!
PS: no, I didn't weave the wicker pumpkin, Mr. Target did a couple of years ago.





2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Super cute! You better keep your talents on the down low or they'll put in charge of a RS crafty night or something. :)

Gray Family said...

I love your fail! I think they look great!