Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's still winter somewhere.

For Valentine's day, we had a very intimate date: we took 6 kids to go play in the snow on the Mogollon Rim. We had our 5 and a friend of Alex. It was great fun. The little boys had never seen snow and the bigger kids had forgotten much about it. I was happy to leave it behind at the end of the day though. I realize how much of an Arizona girl I have become! I love this State, a bit less in July and August, but I love it. You can drive 2 hours and be in a beautiful and refreshing area...and go back to the Valley for the warmth anytime. I think I'll stay another 16+ years. I just sent in my application for citizenship too. I hadn't done it yet because I didn't want to lose my Beligan citizenship (and my kids would have lost theirs too). But about 1 1/2 yr ago, Belgium changed their laws, and I can now become American AND remain Belgian (not for the US, they don't recognize dual citizenship, but Belgium does, and that's what matters). So I filled out the application asking me if I was an habitual drunkard, or part of the Nazi Party, or if I had any plan to overthrow the government. I sent in my pictures/mug shot (I refused to smile) and my $$$$ check (someone's gotta pay for the wall they put up on the border). I now have to wait for them to contact me to be fingerprinted. I will have an interview and a test to take, and then will be able to get a blue passport like the rest of the family (Belgium's is burgundy).
Here are the picture of our trip yesterday:







3 comments:

Heather said...

Such an exciting post!!! YEAH FOR SNOW AND CITIZENSHIP AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEE! :)

Gray Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gray Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun, but way too cold for me!