Thursday, March 26, 2009

New scale

I bought a new scale today. Sam's Club had a great scale that measures your weight, your body fat and your water...and takes the trash out and do the laundry and folds it and puts it away and dream on...but the first part is true. So, of course, I had to try it out and now, I'm crying. Well, no, I knew that it would be different from my old one, and that chances were, the old one was going to be off by a few pounds, because that is how it always is: your old scale is never the one weighing you heavier. It's a well known fact that doctor's scales are always meaner that yours, and that it's never a happy moment to step on a scale anywhere else but in your bathroom, butt nacked, right after you peed, before you eat, drink or even brush your teeth (farting doesn't change a thing, it's air and you can thus abstain...someone had to say it!). But, this super- high- tech-guaranteed- for -175 yrs -of -accurancy -scale is ONLY 2 lbs off, 2 lbs more than my old one, of course, but I can take it, it didn't bring me down! So, now, I have more to lose today than I did an hour ago, BUT, it showed that my body fat is at a healthy place, oh so happy place :) I will only go with my new scale from now on, make it my BFF so that it doesn't piss me off too much and see if we can have a happy and healthy relationship!

6 comments:

Gray Family said...

I want the scale that takes out the trash and folds the laundry! BTW the park is in Tempe. Off the 101 on Ray. You probably already know of it - everyone but me knows where all the fun parks are.

Kristy said...

You're so cute! I need to get BFF'n with my scale again cause I've gotten lazy. I tell ya.....if it doesn't quit snowing here I'm going to blow a gasket. All I want to do is get out there and run and make my scale my BFF again!

PS - I miss you too. :(

Unknown said...

I can handle the truth about my weight. I just don't think I'm ready to hear my body fat count. Yikes! Maybe after I have worked out for a couple of months.

Heather said...

Nt scale has been so naughty that it's been in time out under my vanity since January.

thewylerfamily said...

You are to funny girl! It's been fun running past you in the mornings. You look fabulous!! Glad you got a new BFF.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I love yo read your posts---you tell it just like it is! :)