Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blessings of the prieshood

Tomorrow, the kids start school. Every year before the first day of school, Reed gives each kid a father's blessing. So tonight, we had a little family home evening on the "blessings of the priesthood" and then each child came forward to receive their blessing. Nicky kept saying "my turwn" after each child. This year wasn't any different from previous years, it was just as special, maybe even cuter with little Nicky waiting patiently for his turn to get a blessing to go back to school (which he's not, of course, I don't want him to start pre-school that young, I'm keeping him as my baby for a bit longer). I just wanted to write this down on this blog, because I'll forget to write it in my dusty journal, if I can find a pen that works too! I'm just so gratefull to have a worthy husband that holds the priesthood, what a blessing in itself that is. We could really feel the power of the holy ghost in our home tonight. It was neat. For those of you who are not part of our faith (LDS), this is mumbo jumbo and probably pretty churchy and weird. So either you skip this post or I'm starting missionary work on you right now and can email you with more explanations :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is SO cool!! I can just hear him wanting his turn!! :)