Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another milestone




For sale!


He's turned around, it's time, he's too big to fit in the old carseat, so of course, it's time. BUT, it's hard on me! It is so hard for me to see my babies grow fast. When I had Alex, it didn't seem that hard: I figured he was only my first, and that I would be doing the carseat thing, the diaper thing, even the nursing thing again, and again. But now, Alex is 15 1/2 and my last baby will be 1 next Wednesday, and it's time to close the door on the baby thing (so Reed says anyway). I have this little tiny thing in my heart, not very big, but a little bit there, hurting, wanting to repeat the past over and over again. I was putting the threads of the Infant carseat back to the newborn stage (prepped up for Craigslist) and the little hurt was there. Will I ever do this again, for my grand-babies? What if my daughters-in-law hate me and don't let me be the crazzzy spoiller Gma that I plan to be? What if my kids all move away, far away, like I did? What if, what if, what if? But I must...or Reed will leave me ;)))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute!! I need to come and see you. I hope you are doing well ;)

THE JACKSONS said...

What a cutie pie! Love the pic! I so understand the feelings you are having! Sometimes I just wonder if my plate is full enough! I totally understand the whole I hope my daughter in laws like me... I don't have girls of my own so I have to have hope my boys pick wisely! I can't believe how much Spencer and Tommy look alike! Crazy!!!!

Double D Crew said...

That went way fast. Our baby boy is 5 months now. They really grow too fast, Love the cheeks.