Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Great Phoenix








Reed and I dropped off the kiddos at Grandma's in Surprise on Friday. Then we headed off to our long far away trip, alllll the way downtown Phoenix. We stayed at Hyatt Regency. I hadn't been downtown in a long time, probably close to 10 years and it has changed a lot. They still have the hobos sleeping by the bus stops, but it just looked nice overall. ASU being there makes it even nicer and younger. It was a wonderful little getaway...and I didn't even miss the kiddos!




Here is Elly's room!

Our hotel

The light rail

Reed in the fast elevator


Turn down service, even.

View from the 21st floor...hmm and me in the tripple glass reflection


The Phoenix Museum of History...so glad I wasn't a pioneer!

But some poeple had money in the early century in Phoenix: the Rosson House in Heritage Square (where Bianco Pizzeria doesn't open until 5:00 PM, darn it!)






4 comments:

Gray Family said...

Is the Hyatt the one with the gondola rides around or through it? Looks like fun - would you like to watch my children while I go?

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! Hal and I have gone to Scottsdale a couple of times, but the nice thing about Phoenix is you can walk around. You don't have to drive to dinner or whatever. I love that little house. I saw it when Carly and I went to the Science Center. Cool!

Muche said...

Kim,
That one is at Gainey Ranch, in Scottsdale. We stayed at the Regency, close to Chase Field. It rained a lot, but there were no gondolas!

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Yay for supporting the local economy!