Saturday, November 28, 2009

On Saturday, the 21st of November, Elly made the decision to be baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (same as our church, don't worry, she didn't go off and join another church, but kids get baptized at 8 years old so that's why it was just now!). It was very nice and very beautiful, just like her. Maddy gave the opening prayer, Alex the closing. Her Grandma and Grandpa both talked. She was baptized by her dad, and confirmed by him, Grandpa, Uncle Tom and Rick, our Bishop and Brother Cardon.
Some of her friends came for her too, very sweet of them. Cute Savanah, Cassidy and Lexy.




Happy Eternal Family ;)The party afterwards.



When Elly came out of the water (the baptizm is by full immersion), I helped her to get dried off. I wrapped her in a towel and hugged her. She was beaming, she starred at me with her big beautiful green eyes and I know without a doubt that that little girl of mine felt the holy spirit deep inside of her as much as I did. I saw pure joy in her face, not the same joy that kids have when they get a new toy or a fat ice cream, but the joy of the gospel. It was a very special moment for me and for her. I am so grateful to have her in my life, that she has such a sweet spirit that we get to witness everyday.




4 comments:

Sarah said...

congrats to elly! what a cute girl!

Heather said...

Congrats to Elli! How wonderful!! (And what a big girl!) That Sunday, by the way, is the same Sunday that Hadley was awarded her study Bible!!! Ironic? I don't think so! ;)

erin said...

Congratulations to Elly (AND her parents). She is adorable & I love her spunk!

Double D Crew said...

Congratulations Ellie. That is awesome. Makayla will be baptized next December. It will be here before we know it.