Saturday, September 13, 2008

Breaking Dawn



I finished it! In a few days, just like a typical hooked-on phonics addic. I do go to a book club every month, and ever since I started going to one, it seems that I cannot read a book without having to talk about it to someone. Reed doesn't like to read, so if I want to discuss the book with him, I have to tell him about the book...it sort of looses it's charm! So I'll talk to myself here, and if someone wants to listen and comment, go ahead. If not, then I'm getting it off my chest!
My main concern with this last book was "is it really the last one?" I mean, (oh, and if you plan on reading the book and haven't yet, don't read my post cause you'll know the end) they end the book with "so they will attack us again and we'll be ready, and our little monster has lots to learn still...hint hint hint. And that Bella girl, she's something! Talk about bad sefl-estime. Here she is, attracting the most hottest vampirest in the worldest and she still doesn't believe she's a hottie. My hubby tells me I'm hot all the time, so I now start to believe him at times, come on, it goes to your head. And there she is, "whine whine whine, I'm so clumsy, boohooo, I'm so ugggly, and Eddie is so much better than me". She drove me nuts. When she goes hunting with her half blood sucking baby (btw, did anybody but me think about those diapers she had to change at first, hmmm and they say breastfed babies poopoos blow up everywhere, sorry, a little to discriptive there, you weren't eating, were you?) she says again "it's all my fault" when the Volturis come to pay them a visit. NO, it's not your fault, stop blaming the whole freeking book on yourself, what would we, pathetic blood-reading-thirsty humans, do if you had stayed at home and just go robb a blood bank? We were all waiting for the action, the kung-fu fighting (whowa), the fast running and the mind reading! So we are all grateful you're a kluts, Bella. Hmm, yes, I know she doesn't really exists, I'm just going along with the fantasy here!
Anyway, other than that, I enjoyed the book, it was a bit long, like the lasts Harry Potty books. I just wanted it to get to the point a few times along, but at the end, I went through withdrawl like a true addic when I had to close this LAST book.
Moving on, what shall I read next????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a twilighter too...I like the first book the best it seems to me all the others just drug on and on. Get to the big fight or chase scene. She was starting to drive me crazy at the end too. I never thought about the diapers, but that does make one beging to wonder....YUCK!! You are so funny...miss ya;)

Midwest Keech said...

OK, so I avoided reading this post before, because I had not read Breaking Dawn. I just finished it & totally agree that Bella did far too much whining. I was also questioning that this was "The End". I think it did leave open the possibility for more. Other wise, I liked it. I was happy that it ended well.

BTW - I tagged you on my blog if you're interested. http://midwestkeech.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag.html