Friday, September 12, 2008

Simple. Clear.Arizonans Have The Opportunity To Say YES For Marriage

I'm not anti-gay or lesbian, frankly, I don't care what they do, what they think, AS LONG as it doesn't interfere with what I do and think. This law passed in CA and bishops are being sued because they refused to marry gay couples. The church's social services haved had to close because they refused to let gays adopt children through their agency. I adopted a baby through LDS social services, I can only imagine how devastating it is for couples hoping to adopt a child to hear that the agency is closing. This is an attack on what we believe. I've never attacked a gay person for what they believe, but they would attack me (well, not all of them, I'm sure it'a small portion). Whoever will ask an LDS bishop to marry them in a church building while they're gay exactly knows what they're doing, they know they'll be refused and can thus sue the bishop or the church. We need to prevent this from happening in AZ. No one ever dares to say that gays and lesbos make them eecky, well they make me eecky. I've had friends who are gay, I love them, but it's still eecky. So I support this law to protect me and my children from being forced to accept something we don't believe in!

This from the website:

Marriage between one man and one woman. Can it get any simpler than that? Prop 102 simply secures the definition of marriage through an Arizona constitutional amendment.
Prop 102 is 20 simple and clear words that define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
A YES vote on Prop 102 does one thing and one thing only – defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman in the Arizona Constitution, the highest law in our state.
One man. One Woman. Prop 102. That's Marriage. YESforMarriage.comP.O. Box 24743Tempe, AZ 85285-4743email: info@YESforMarriage.comWebsite: http://www.YESforMarriage.com

No comments: