Saturday, September 27, 2008

Home alone...warning for atheists: it's a churchy post!

This afternoon, we had our Relief Society Women's Conference. Our stake was meeting at 4:00 and the broadcast started at 5:00. For some reason, I just wanted to just watch it on TV this time. I think I needed to be alone for a while, so Reed took most of the kids shopping, one went to the movies. I was thinking that maybe I'd rather go shopping with them or even go by myself and skip the meeting. But my guilt/conscience took over and I put BYU channel on. The minute it started, I could feel the holy ghost impact me. Having no one next to me, I cried as much as I wanted and cranked up the sound for the rest hymn like it was a Bon Jovi concert. I sang my little heart out like a groupie too. I took notes, like in college (you can test me later, I'll pass for sure, I got 4 pages of notes) that forced me to pay super attention too. I don't know if I missed out on anything from the Stake, but today, I had a great experience by staying in front of the TV, with my snacks, crying like I was watching a chick flick. And who said that TV was bad! It all depends on what you chose to do with your life, and where you want to go.
Today, again, I was proud to be a woman, proud to be a sister, a daughter and a mother. I am empowered by the words I heard this afternoon, I am grateful for those amazing speakers, their love and strength. When President Uchtdorf got up, I felt so much love for that man. His German accent brought back many happy memories of our life in Munich too.
If you want to know more about their talk, www.lds.org will have it on their site shortly. Most of my blogger friends are LDS, but some aren't and these are the kind of posts that probably have them roll their eyes or wonder what language I speak ;) But I hope they still enjoy reading them, because they know my faith is part of who I am...and they love me for me, Molly-Mormon and all :)

PS: I'm a little freaked out now, it's dark, there is a storm outside, the wind is making my house rock....hmmm okay Reed, it was nice of you to take the kids out, but now's time to come home, me no likey dark! Geeze, I'm even gonna wait to post this just in case somebody reads it (as if anyone else but my friends read my blog) and will see that I'm alone, and find my address, and come and attack me. I just set the alarm on, potential rapist, so if you come to kill me, it will beep and I will give them the wrong password when they call to check on me, so they'll send the police over, so there (yeah, I'm ready for Halloween stories!!!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not LDS, but one of my very dearest friends from high school is, so it all made sense to me -- an "outsider"! :)

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Go Murielle. I feel the same way right now!

Anonymous said...

Ok...now who is the Molly??

I enjoyed conference too.