Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"some beach..."

You know that country song, when the singer is saying about bad stuff like going to the dentist and the dr starts to work on the tooth before it's asleep, then he says "some beach"...or when the guy in the Benz takes his parking spot...some beach.
Well, I sing that song a lot.
Today, Maddy was...hmmm, Maddy. I won't go into details, because I just don't want to relive it, but, ahhhh some beach!
Then poor Tomtom has a big cold, runny nose, more cranky...some beach!
Nicky asked 39 times for the sound to be "shut up"...which means "turned up" but that's how he says it, no matter how much we try to correct him... while WE were having dinner and he just ate pretzels for dinner...some beach!
Now here is my biggest beach request of the day. Again: MY blog, My vent...Here it goes.
The kids were at the park, and since Alex wasn't paying attention to Nicky very much, I decided that I'd better go hang out there too. When I got there, I saw Nicky, his soccer ball rolling away and a big German Shepperd going for the same ball as Nicky. I yelled "hey, who's dog is this?" Nicky got scared to death of that dog, being as big as him. The owner of the dog came and barked at me that it was his dog. I asked him to put his dog on a leash because first, it's the law and second, my kids are scared! Well, he told me not to start a neighborhood feud. I told him again that it was the law and that it wasn't safe. Even if his dog is his friend, it's not MY friend and I don't know what the dog's reaction will be to MY kids. He told me to go ahead and call the police, I said I would, and he said "yeah, it's 9-1-1 and why don't you have your husband come out and beat me up too" (the dude had a tank top and tatoos all over, like Reed is gonna come out and beat anybody up, that's so his style!!). Alex was hiding behind the slide, embarrassed I guess, but I was right and you know me, I wasn't gonna let it die quick. I stayed at the park, I was gonna leave right away, but then I thought :hey, it's my park too. His little girl came to me (and I know his wife, who's totally cool and puts the dog on a leash at the park, especially since she knows my kids are scared). She said "hi Mommy, can you put swing me". So I picked her up and pushed her on the swing. Now here comes the guy again, telling me to basically keep my hands of his kid, he can handle it. I was fuuuuuuuming. He never put his dog on a leash and just let it run in the park. Elly was up on the slide not daring to go near it. Nicky said "I skarwy dog". I finally unglued Nicky from the swing and told all the kids we were going home. I got home and did call the police. The lady on the phone was awesome: she said that I was ABSOLUTELY right, it is the law and he was ABSOLUTELY wrong. She asked me for his description, where the park was and where he lived. I didn't know where he lived excaclty; according to my girls: yeah, see so and so's house, well he's like on the other side, but not the side with the bushes, the other???? I wish I did know exactly, because I wanted the cops to come and knock on his door, darned!!!! I explained to the kids that what he did was wrong and that he was being mean to me. He was so rude: I'm a woman and he treated me like dirt. Thankgoodness Reed didn't come out at that time, the dude was an idiot. SOME BIG FREAKIN BEACH!!!!

5 comments:

Double D Crew said...

All I want to say is he was a "BIG JERK" translate it any way you want to. Sorry that happened to you.

Anonymous said...

That guy was a Super huge moron!!

Was there any other parent's at the park. This is the park across from your house right?

Some people I think truly believe they are the only people in the world.

bekki said...

What a jerk. I do hate when people who have dogs don't put them on a leash it is rude Sailor is scared to death of dogs even the one we have. Don't worry when Janet is around she will be on a leash.

Melanie said...

I would have love to have been there thats like me and the dog that craps in my yard I hate dogs. Yes is wife is really nice but I will admit he is a jerk I gave him so bread (which I hope alex gave you yours)to give to his wife yesterday and he said"Veggies in bread that sounds gross" You rude jerk it is actually really good and I was trying to be nice. anyway I guess i should vent on my blog and not yours.

Heather said...

I'm the biggest police caller -- GOOD FOR YOU!! I'd have called them RIGHT THERE.